Wednesday, May 16, 2007

News Rant

There are a couple of things in the news at the moment that really annoy me.

1. Prince Harry is not allowed to go to Iraq because its too dangerous and they've threatened him!

Okay people, its war, people kill each other, people get threatened. He's a Prince to be sure, but for f's sake, isn't a Prince/King meant to lead his nation by example, inspire the men etc etc? And what say William Wallace (gotta love Braveheart) stayed at home because he got told by his mother (okay his mother was dead but use your imagination people) that he shouldn't fight for freedom because those meanie English people were threatening him and he might get killed? Exactly he wouldn't, he'd fight!

My question now, apart from the obvious should we really be in Iraq is, what the hell is the point of the royalty apart from getting me a long term visa to the UK where I can abuse their services, take their high paying jobs, export their money, steal their women...?

2. Okay, lets stay on the political theme. Gorden Brown for Prime Minister - God save the corgis (Not the Queen, King or Princes because they'll never get close enough to death to be threatened apart from maybe getting a paper cut, although that is probably too dangerous as there might be a secret threatening note written on the paper. At least the corgis have the possibility of getting injured hunting lame rats).

Okay ... Gordon is the English version of George. Yeah I don't know what his policies are, but then again I'm too scared to ask and really he bores me so I don't care. Everything I've heard about him or seen of him says he has the personality of a pig, he doesn't listen to peoples opinion, he is condescending, and generally has a bad manner. I can't really say much more because I just don't know what to say apart from - I don't like him! When I disagreed with Blair, at least he had personality.

3. That Madeleine girl ... who gives a f'k! Take it off the damn news!

Her parents should be shot FULL STOP, end of story. I couldn't give a shite if they don't find her, I don't care if David Beckham and every other "I want to be so fashionable" celebrity has gotten on the bandwagon to support the parents. If this opinion makes me heartless then so be it, I would rather someone had the balls to tell the parents they are going to be castrated for being so irresponsible. IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF THEY HAD BEEN RESPONSIBLE!

I would rather Harry show some balls and tell his superiors that his position is in the army fighting with his men in Iraq not watching while his subjects and his men kill themselves in a pointless war. Act like a f'n Prince! You say you want to go - GO! LEAD! What use are you otherwise?

I will be voting against Brown IF I actually learn what his policies are and I disagree. I might just do it anyway because I just don't like him.

4. Jose Mourinho - I love it!

Don't get me wrong, i dislike Chelsea in a way that can really only be understood by English football fans. I think given the opportunities he has been given Jose has done a crap job, but that just goes to show he really has no talent and that in the past he has been handed things on a plate. What I love about him is the terrier. Right on mate, save that cute little doggie. I'm starting a fund now to save the doggie from those cruel police people.

For all you news people out there - find more stories like Jose's. Please.

Its been a while since I've ranted. I liked it.

2 comments:

2treesandahorse said...

dude. agree on a lot of that. Gordon Brown? give me blair he didn't spend the pension fund and lie about it. Or put the whole country in a whole suspended debt crisis.

Harry - go to iraq for f's sake. If the future second heir to the throne can not take the heat, why should the innocent peole gettig paid nothing to do it, do it.

The girl being snatched thing. Wait a second hundreds of children are taken every day in this world and not a smidgeon (spell check) of the news is taken up by it. Hope she ok but know some pervert has killed her and buried her in the silt of a slow running river 5 mile away from the resort, and not the guy the police have. just a hunch, have them some times.

Small dogs? no no no you need a dog you can fight with.

Ado said...

Yeah, I have to say, I hope the kid is okay - its just the press and the big deal being made of it. Let the Portugese do their job.

Blair did take us to Iraq where even the Royals fear to step. I haven't heard Brownie say anything about the war.