Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Another Rant so soon

So yeah, I was going to go into another rant, this time complaining about certain countries, certain border guards, certain embassies but then I thought to myself - No! So I went and updated ... okay started, a "I have friends blog" reference thingy. Interestingly I found two new friends :)

This is one step to the official release of my blog.

Yep, and you know that when I do release it there will be a party right here! Admittedly the five people I know already know of it's existence so there really is no release - only K doesn't know, and she's interested about all the things I write about her. Which obviously I don't. So I'm going to start.

Back to my original point.

K had a conference in Budapest this week, she was meant to fly back tonight, but she lost her passport. Not that I judge people, that's for my more learned friends, but I reckon it was stolen. She argued with the border people to let her take her chances with the English border people but they said she had to stay - why because apparently they like illegal people in Hungary. In the UK they'd lock you up give you a massive dole, free accommodation and employ you as a plumber even if you don't have a qualification or speak the language. But not in Hungary, no way , they let you walk the street and freeze.

Anyway this brings back memories of a certain friends birthday.

Budapest two years ago, I fly to Budapest for my friend Nats birthday. Shes a saffa so she gets visa problems sometimes, but she thought she had the right visa. Turns out she didn't. Anyway, my memory of that weekend was communicating to her through the passport control, past the rather large Hungarian border control chappies, calling her boy on the phone while he was drinking in town with the locals (he got in early) and generally feeling hopeless. Why is it that someone you know can speak English refuses to when you have an important conversation to conduct. Suffice to say she got locked in an airport room all night with no water or toilet or bed and had to catch the next flight out in the morning. Nice.

Yep, if you know me then don't go to Budapest cos it seems everyone I know gets trapped by those border people.

Anyway, tomorrow is the one night a week I should be seeing K as she tends to travel a lot with work. Seems like tomorrow night is destroyed as she isn't expected back in the UK until Friday at the earliest. I am now happy I didn't manage to get decent seats for Avenue Q.

Oh, and the Romanian conversation will come later - probably when the ABs play Romania in the world cup. I'm looking forward to that grudge match!

Okay, this really is me. Seems I've been ranting everywhere today - even at work. No, don't get me started.

BTW, anyone done that whole Google or Yahoo calender thing. It ain't too bad. Get one cos its alright - that's how K and I are going to manage our relationship. Sad I know, but believe me its necessary.

No comments: